Saturday, September 5, 2026

0905 sobel_

0905 sobel_


was going to call this ikeda study 2, but then I thought.. not really. i'm using a pretty common digital filter that finds edges of brightness called sobel and I messed with it. if master Ikeda uses that too, it's not really a study if I do it my way, right? he didn't invent the sobel effect.. that was 2 guys named Sobel and Feldman in 1968. so i'm just calling it sobel with the strange underscore after it that I won't waste keystrokes justifying the use of. sorry if it bugs you. i like it.

note the nervous tone in my writing today. i've got my first opening as (officially) an audiovisual artist today and a gig tonight as a trumpeter of cumbias and mariachis, which is not a first. but it's a fully incredible day.





3 comments:

  1. I like weird punctuation in IDM titles. Very Autechre.

    Tell me about the opening and gig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.

      The exhibit is open until the 19th and our gallery features 3 other artists who are all friends of mine. I'm the least established artist in the bunch, so I feel lucky/honored.

      Delete
    2. the gig went well. fun as always. bar gig. non-jazz, which is refreshing now and then. :)

      Delete

0924 both

0924 both