Tuesday, August 11, 2026

0811 hearth

0811 hearth


welcome RSS feedster, the inimitable Lady Anne Bell!


today's took 4 hours, but is quite short. It would've taken half that time but I had do completely redo the strings bc they sounded too much like a certain film composer.. now they sound like another certain film composer but it's too late for a third version.

--

recently watched a documentary about primitive cave art and at one point the narrator/guide says it qualifies as ART partly because it shows a desire for it to be seen by others. Immediately I jump up and say "See?! There's nothing wrong with wanting others to see and hear my work! What the hell is wrong with me??"

Yes, I can and will bitch and moan about the internet and still participate on my own terms.

1 comment:

  1. I understand this ambivalence regarding internet participation and this weird but annoyingly persistent idea that authenticity in art means that it has to be for you and no one else. Salinger has Holden Caulfield say that he would prefer it if people played piano in their bathroom or a closet or something rather than perform it for an audience and be "phony". But Holden was a dumb kid, and Salinger had issues.

    ReplyDelete

0924 both

0924 both