Tuesday, June 2, 2026

0602 lifted

0602 lifted


some of these show the journaling aspect of the project

they reflect upon the mood of the day (my mood)

yesterday I was in a pretty foul mood

burning on the inside

and this morning I awoke to a better one

one lifted by an absolutely exquisite rain even the birds seemed to enjoy

I recorded them singing and the sound of the rain

composed version A of the music

dug out my gimbal, suited up, including new rainproof sandals and a new umbrella to protect my gear

headed out to the courtyard; i was the only human around

filmed everything on the tiny tripod

the camera sound was so good and uninterrupted by human noise that I used it in the final mix along with the one on the Tascam earlier in the morning

applied the lessons from my guru, Matthew Koshmrl

took my first steps into video color editing

realized the music was too pedestrian, too youtuby

reopened it in Cubase, changed it, mixed it back into the video in Davinci Resolve

posted it

this is the most fun I've had on this project in weeks

i am lifted


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you :) it was a *perfect* rainy day. and when I went out there was no one around at all. there was not a single voice or car horn to edit out. per. fect.

      Delete

0806 cut

0806 cut apropos of nothing related to the above song: I need to go easy on myself. I should step back and look at how much has happened in ...